Reporting Interface Overview
Welcome to the Urchin Reporting Interface!
The Urchin Reporting Interface is the system that displays the actual Urchin reports. To access the Reporting Interface, login to your Urchin Administration Interface and select a report to view. Each Profile you have configured will have its own report. Click the magnifying glass icon to bring up the desired report.
- Tabs: Most of Urchin's report screens can be viewed by several parameters by clicking on one of the tabs in the report itself. For example, the Daily Graph under the Traffic section can be viewed according to Sessions, Pageviews, Hits, or Bytes (see image below).
Note the Date Range at the top-right of the above image. All data shown is for that time period only. To change the timeframe, just select a different date range from the controls at bottom-left of the screen. See the Date Range article in this section for more information.
- Search: To instantly find any item in list-type reports, enter a search term or phrase into the Search box and press Enter. The list will be updated with any matches (see image below).
- Filter: To filter in or out any items in list-type reports, enter a string of text into the Filter box and click the "+" (include) or "-" (exclude) button. The list will be changed accordingly
- #Shown: To show a different number of items in the report being viewed, simply select the desired number from the pulldown menu.
- Go To#: If you know the position number of the entry you would like to see, enter it here and press Enter.
- Try different Date Range settings to see how your data changes over time. For low-traffic sites, a month may be a better timeframe than a week, since traffic might not be statistically significant for that small of a time period.
- Glossary of Terms