The Urchin Administration Interface is a browser-based command center from which you can control virtually everything related to running Urchin, including setting up Profiles, scheduling log processing events, managing Users and Groups, configuring Filters, and more.
To get started, login to your Urchin system using a browser. If the default port was used during installation, then the URL should be http://your.server.com:9999/, replacing 'your.server.com' with the actual name of the system Urchin is running on. Alternatively, http://localhost:9999/ can be used if you are directly on the system. On Windows platforms, there is an 'Urchin Administration' shortcut in the Start menu. The default password for the 'admin' account is 'urchin'. Be sure to change this to a more secure password.
Using the Administration Interface
- Click Configuration at the upper right of the screen to access the Administration interface.
- This interface provides access to configuration controls. In the left navigation, click on the arrows to expand a particular section (i.e. Urchin Profiles, Users and Groups, Scheduler, and Settings. The darkened color indicates which screen is currently being displayed.
- Clicking on the 'Edit' button next to a particular entry will allow you to modify the configuration for the entry. To add new entries, click the 'Add' button (the "+" sign icon) at the upper right of the table. After clicking 'Edit' on a particular entry, the set of configuration screens available for that entry is shown using tabs across the top.
- Click on any tab to access the configuration settings under that tab. After changing any settings, be sure to click the 'Update' button at the bottom of each screen.
- Once you have a long list of entries in a particular area, you can scroll using the Next/Previous buttons located just above and below the table list of entries. You can also change the number of entries displayed in the table by changing the "#Shown" value (default is 10) that is displayed above the table list.
- The + - Filter (include/exclude) option can help you quickly find a particular entry. Simply enter all or part of the entry's name and press the plus (include) or minus (exclude) button.
- Help Information for each screen is provided below the table.