To begin the process:
- Sign in to your account at http://www.google.com/trustedstores/sell
- Under Account Management, click on Stores.
- Click the Test button for each store
What to test
To complete your testing, you must validate that the Google Trusted Stores code functions consistently across all common browsers.
For each domain and browser, you are required to test both a common page and the order confirmation page.
- A common page is any page on your site other than the order confirmation page. Examples include the homepage, a product page, a category page, or a store policy page.
- The order confirmation page is the page that customers are directed to after a transaction has been completed.
If a payment method (such as PayPal) directs the customer off of your domain and onto a third-party site with no return to an order confirmation page on your own domain, the order confirmation module will not load and validation will not be successful. These orders will not be passed Google, and your customers will not be given the chance to opt in for purchase protection.
Testing should be conducted on the following browsers:
|Internet Explorer||Version 9+||Required|
“Test Drive” validator bar
- “All validation items have been passed” indicates that there are no errors found on the page.
Select Click to see details of validation errors in the validator bar to view the validation errors; click Learn more under each error for guidance to address the error.
You may return to your account’s “Overview” page at any time to see a summary of your validation results.
Refer to the ”Overview” page of your Google Trusted Stores Merchant account to review your validation status. Once all items have “Passed” or “Passed with warnings”, your store integration is considered complete.