Google Trusted Stores have proven track records of reliable shipping and delivery, customer-friendly returns policies, and great customer service. Google evaluates participating stores and monitors their shipping reliability and customer service performance to ensure a high quality online shopping experience.
Each store in the program is expected to adhere to the the following performance standards below. Please note that Google may hold a store to higher performance standards if there is insufficient data to determine your store’s eligibility to participate.
- A Google Trusted Store must process at least 600 orders on a rolling 90-day basis to participate in the Google Trusted Stores program.
Shipping and delivery performance
- On-Time Delivery Rate. Stores must ship in a timely manner and manage customers’ expectations of delivery time. Google requires that Trusted Stores merchants deliver at least 80% of all orders “on-time” on a 90-day rolling basis as reported to Google through the Trusted Stores customer survey. Learn more about the Trusted Stores customer survey.
Seller ratings on Google Shopping and Trusted Stores rating
- Each store must maintain a minimum rating of 4.0 on both Google Trusted Stores customer survey results and Google Shopping seller ratings on a 90-day rolling basis.
- Escalation Rate. No more than 1 in 300 protected orders shall be escalated to Google on a 90-day rolling basis. An order is “protected” when the customer chooses to opt into purchase protection from the Google Trusted Stores program for that particular order. This order can be escalated to Google if the customer asks for Google’s help in resolving an issue with their shopping experience.
- Average Escalation Resolution Days. The average number of days to resolve a customer escalation must not exceed 4 calendar days from the time when an escalation is filed to when it is closed on a 90-day rolling basis.
- Annual Payout Cap. Google’s payout for refunds to your customers must not exceed $5,000 in aggregate on a 365-day rolling basis.
For more information on additional requirements that each store must meet to participate in the program, visit the Google Trusted Stores Merchant Guidelines.