Google Trusted Stores performance metrics
Merchants in the Google Trusted Stores program have proven track records of reliable shipping, customer-friendly returns policies, and great customer service. Google evaluates participating merchants and monitors their shipping reliability and customer service performance to ensure a high quality online shopping experience. In addition, Google uses data provided by StellaService to evaluate merchants and provide additional helpful information to shoppers. StellaService is an independent company that objectively evaluates various parts of the shopping experience and rates the customer service performance of online businesses.
Merchants are evaluated on a variety of metrics, some of which will be displayed on the Google Trusted Store badge found on their website and other Google properties, as follows:
- Percentage of issue-free orders. An order is considered issue-free if a customer opts in for purchase protection and does not ask for Google's help in resolving an issue with their shopping experience. The percentage of issue-free orders is derived from dividing the number of customer escalations by the number of orders that customers have opted in for purchase protection. Participating merchants must maintain a low number of customers who experience order issues and that require Google’s assistance.
- Time to reply to customer emails measures the average number of hours it takes for the merchant to respond to a customer’s email.
- Percentage of orders shipped on-time. A shipment is considered "on-time" when the order is shipped by the Estimated Ship Date, which is provided by the merchant to customers that opt in for purchase protection.
- Time to deliver measures the average number of days for an order to be delivered to the customer based on the date the order was placed.
- Time to return orders measures the number of days that the merchant agrees to accept a standard return (subject to exclusions).
- Time to process returns measures the average number of days it takes for the merchant to process a returned order.
In cases where data is not available or relevant, Google may display alternate metrics on the badge. For example:
- Returns section may not display for some merchants.
- Time to ship may display in place of time to deliver. Time to ship measures the average number of days it takes for an order to be shipped based on the date the order was placed. Participating merchants must ship an order in a timely manner.
- Fast issue resolution may display in place of time to reply to customer e-mails. Participating merchants must resolve any customer issues in a timely manner. Merchants should have a high percentage of issues that are resolved quickly.