An e-mail or SMS message is sent when:
- You add someone as a contact. Trusted Contacts will notify this person by the email address or phone number that you specified.
- You share your location with a contact or post an update while sharing your location.
- If this person is signed into the Trusted Contacts app, they will receive a notification within the app instead of an email or SMS message. However, if you share your location using the "Alert all contacts immediately" feature, they will receive an email or SMS message in addition to the notification in the app.
- Someone else adds you as a contact and then you remove them.
- No email or SMS message will be sent if you select "Also prevent <name of person> from re-adding you" when removing them from within the Trusted Contacts app.