Once somebody has added you as a trusted contact, you can take the following steps to find out where they are:
- Open the Trusted Contacts app
- Tap their name in the Trusted Contacts app
- Select “Ask for location”
- Your contact will have a short time to respond to your request.
- If they see your request and choose to share their location, you will receive their location through the app and in your e-mail.
- If they see your request and choose not to share their location, you will receive a notification and e-mail letting you know.
- If they do not respond to your request after a short time you will receive their location automatically through the app or your e-mail. The timeout limit is configured on their end and can be up to an hour.