Follow these steps to add Trusted Contacts to your Google account:
- Download Trusted Contacts from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and sign in with your Google account.
- Complete the tutorial and select the people who will be your trusted contacts.
- If you select a contact by phone number, they will receive an SMS message with a link to accept your invitation, installing the Trusted Contacts app if necessary.
- If you select a contact by email address, they will receive an email with instructions to install the Trusted Contacts app if necessary. If they already have the app installed, they will receive an in-app notification that you have added them.
If you add a trusted contact via SMS and they do not accept your invitation, and you later share location with them via the Trusted Contacts app, they will continue to receive your location updates via SMS. Once they have installed the Trusted Contacts app and accepted your invitation, those updates will be delivered to them via the app.
If you wish to enter an e-mail address or phone number that is not shown as a suggestion in the app you can type it in directly.