Price guarantee is a pilot programme available on select Book on Google itineraries within Google Flights. For some flight prices, Google's algorithms are confident that the price you find is the lowest available before the flight departs. After you book on Google, we'll monitor the price until the first flight in your itinerary departs. If the price drops, we'll make up the difference.
How much money can I get back?
Price guarantee pays you the difference between the flight price when you book and the lowest ticket price. To get money back, the price difference must be greater than 5 USD. You can receive up to 500 USD back in total per calendar year for up to three open price-guaranteed bookings at any one time. This happens after the first flight in the booked itinerary has taken off.
How do I get one?
- Your country/region must be set to US and your currency must be in USD to see guaranteed flights.
- Price guarantee only applies to one-way and round-trip flights that depart from the United States.
- You must use a US billing address and US phone number on the Book on Google page.
- You must be signed in to your Google Account
Price guarantee is only available for flights for which we're confident that the price won't drop. These flights have a colourful price badge when you pick your departing and returning flights. Price guarantee only impacts you if the price of your flight drops after you book and before the first flight in your itinerary departs.
- Beneath 'Departing flights', select a badged flight.
- Select the badged itinerary and continue to check out.
- Click the 'Book on Google' link.
- On the Book on Google page, tick the box next to 'Price guarantee' to accept the Terms of Service.
You will receive a confirmation email when the flight is guaranteed.
How long do they last?
Price guarantee takes effect after you book on Google. However, if the airline updates prices faster than they load on Google Flights, we may not be able to provide the guarantee anymore. You may find a price guarantee, but if the price is updated before you book, the guarantee may not be available when you go to book.
Do I have to pay for it?
No. The price guarantee is at no cost.
What happens after I book?
After you book, we monitor the price until the first flight in your itinerary departs. We then send you an email to let you know if the price has dropped or not. You may also get an email update between booking and departure. If the price has dropped, we pay you back the difference in Google Pay. If the price didn't go down, you can rest assured that you got the best price with Google Flights.
- You must download the Google Pay app and set it up within 90 days of the departure of the first flight in your itinerary to claim the difference back. It will be deposited into your money in Google Pay. Learn more about the Google Pay app.
- You must be over 18.
- You must set up the Google Pay app as a US user with a US mobile phone number.
- You must sign in with the same Google Account used when booking your flight on Book on Google.
- When you become a Google Pay user, you're subject to the Google Pay Terms of Service.
If the price drops, we'll notify you after take-off and pay you back the difference in Google Pay. It usually takes up to 48 hours for the money to be deposited into your account. If you don't have the app, you must download the Google Pay app and set it up within 90 days of the departure of the first flight in your itinerary before we can deposit the money into your account.
To see your money back with price guarantee, open the Google Pay app . You can see it in two ways:
- At the bottom of the app, tap Explore . You'll find the rewards that you've earned, which include your money back with price guarantee.
- If you don't find your rewards, tap View all below your total rewards amount. Tap the reward to see its details.
- Your money in Google Pay. To see your balance, tap Money .
Google Pay is a simple and secure way to manage your money. You can use Google Pay to do things like:
- Make contactless payments.
- Buy items online or in apps.
- Send money to friends and family.
You can also add a debit card, credit card, bank account and other payment methods in the Google Pay app to help you make payments and transfer money out of Google Pay.
To use all Google Pay features, you must verify your identity in the Google Pay app. If you haven't verified your identity, you can still transfer the money out to your bank account or debit card. You can also send money to other users with a bank account or debit card. You must verify your Google Pay account if you want to send money to friends and family with your Google Pay balance. Learn more about your money in Google Pay and find out how you can verify your identity.
If you experience issues when you download the Google Pay app, go to the Google Pay Help Centre.
What happens if I cancel my trip?
If you change your trip or cancel any part of it, you won't get the difference back.
Where can I find all the details?
You can find the programme details in our Terms of Service. If your flight has a price guarantee, the price guarantee Terms of Service apply.
If you have issues or questions, contact us about your flight.