Google Flights offers features to help you find the best fares for when you want to travel.
When you search for flights, Google Flights automatically sorts the results by “Best flights,” an order that shows the best value by price, length, time of day, and other factors. But there are other tools you can use to find the best fare.
Know when to book your flightsThe Tips section may contain notes that let you know if you're getting a good deal.
- Prices are unlikely to drop before you book: This tip is shown when Google Flights predicts with a high degree of confidence that prices for the trip will not drop between the time of your search and the flight's departure. This prediction is based on an analysis of price trends of past flights, and there is always a chance that future prices will not behave as we expect. (On mobile this note may appear under the "Book soon" section.)
- Prices are less than usual: This tip is shown when prices for the trip are significantly less than expected based on an analysis of past prices of similar trips. When you click the tip, it will tell you what factors Google Flights used to determine why the price is less than usual
- Prices are likely to increase: You may also see a tip that “prices are likely to increase” by a certain amount in the coming days, which is shown when Google Flights is able to predict with a high degree of confidence that prices will increase and by approximately what amount. This prediction is based on an analysis of price trends of past flights, and there is always a chance that future prices will not behave as we expect. (On mobile this may appear under the "Book now" section.)
Know when and where to fly
- Dates: You may notice that flight prices fluctuate when you choose a different day of the week. When you click Dates, you can see which travel dates have the best fares.
- Price graph: If your travel dates are flexible, clicking Price graph lets you explore fare trends by month or week. In this section, you can also opt in to tracking flights and prices.
- Airports: The Airports section may note that fares are cheaper at different airports, and allows you to see what those fares are.