On September 30, 2022, Book on Google for flights will be discontinued in most countries or regions outside the United States. Reservations made before this date won’t be impacted. For questions about your current Book on Google reservation, you can still contact the booking partner in your reservation confirmation, as well as Google.
When you search for flights on Google, you usually have the option to book with an airline or online travel agency on their website. In some cases, you can "Book on Google," to stay on Google and complete your transaction with the airline or travel agency. Google acts only as an intermediary to securely pass your info to the airline or travel agency and isn’t a party to the transaction.
If you’re logged in to your Google Account, you can complete the booking quickly and securely with the contact and payment info stored in your account.
How to book flights on Google
Important: All bookings are made directly with the relevant airline or online travel agency. Google doesn’t sell plane tickets, and won’t be a party to your booking transaction.
- Search for flights on Google.
- After you select a flight, choose the Book on Google option, if available.
- Enter passenger details, such as name, gender, telephone number, birthdate, and email address.
- Click Continue.
- Tip: You may receive an email from Google once we process your order, however your booking isn’t confirmed until you receive confirmation from the airline or online travel agency.
- Choose a stored payment method or enter a new one, then click Continue.
- If available, you may find the option to Select seats. To choose your seats before you complete the reservation, click Add seats.
- Tip: You can also select seats on the airline’s website after booking.
- Select seats for each passenger, for each leg of the flight, and then click Done.
- Review your personal details and flight itinerary to make sure they’re correct.
- Click Book.
Google will securely pass your traveler and payment details to the airline or online travel agency.
After you book
- Once your booking has been processed, you'll receive a confirmation email from the airline or online travel agency.
As the party responsible for your booking, the relevant airline or online travel agency provides customer support for your booking, such as changes, cancellations, and handling any claims or complaints you have in connection with your flight.
Payment methods & transaction details
In most cases, your card will be charged when your booking is confirmed. Some airlines or online travel agencies may place a temporary authorization on your card when they process your booking request.
Get info about your bookingGoogle sends you an email if your booking was successful unless the booking partner requested otherwise. This isn't your confirmation email. The airline or booking partner responsible for your booking sends your confirmation email. Contact the airline or booking partner if you don’t receive confirmation within 24 hours.
Tip: If you don’t receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, check your spam or junk folder.
- Check your spam or junk folder.
- If you booked the flight on Google, rather than on the airline’s or travel agency’s website, use this form to contact us for help.
- If you booked the flight on the airline’s or online travel agency’s website, contact them directly for help.
Seats, amenities & baggage
Otherwise, visit the airline's website after you receive your booking confirmation. With your last name and confirmation code, select the bag fees you’d like to prepay.
First, try to contact the airline or travel agency directly for help. If you already contacted the airline or travel agency and still need help, contact us.
Terms & conditions apply to your booking
Reservations are subject to the relevant airline or online travel agency’s booking terms and conditions.