When searching for flights on Google, you'll usually have the option to book with an airline or online travel agency by going to their website. In some cases, you’ll be able to "Book on Google," completing your transaction with the airline or travel agency while staying on Google.
If you’re logged in to your Google Account, you can complete the booking quickly and securely using contact and payment info stored in your account.
How to book flights on Google
Note: All bookings are made with the relevant airline or online travel agency.
- Search for flights on Google.
- After selecting a flight, choose the "Book on Google" option, if available.
- Enter passenger details, including name, gender, telephone number, birthdate, and email address. Click Continue.
- Choose a stored payment method or enter a new one, then click Continue.
- If available, you may see the option to Select seats. If you’d like to choose your seats before completing the reservation, click Add seats. Note: You can also select seats on the airline’s website after booking.
- Select seats for each passenger, for each leg of the flight, and then click Done.
- Review your personal details and flight itinerary, making sure they’re correct.
- Click Book.
Google will securely pass your traveler and payment details to the airline or online travel agency.
After you book
- Once your booking has been processed, you'll receive a confirmation email from the airline or online travel agency.
The relevant airline or online travel agency will provide customer support for your booking, including processing changes, cancellations, and handling any claims or complaints you have in connection with your flight.
Payment methods and transaction details
In most cases, your card will be charged when your booking is confirmed. Some airlines or online travel agencies may place a temporary authorization on your card when processing your booking request.
Accepted payment methods
Cards enrolled in 3D secure
What transactions look like on your bank statement
Disputes about charges
Get info about your bookingThe confirmation email(s) you'll receive after booking your flight will contain the following information:
- Details about your reservation
- The airline’s or online travel agency’s contact information
Tip: If you don’t receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, check your spam or junk folder.
Change or cancel your reservation
If you didn’t get an email with your confirmation code
- Check your spam or junk folder.
- If you booked the flight on Google, rather than on the airline’s or travel agency’s website, use this form to contact us for help.
- If you booked the flight on the airline’s or online travel agency’s website, contact them directly for help.
Seats, amenities, and baggage
How to prepay for bags
Otherwise, visit the airline's website after you receive your booking confirmation. Using your last name and confirmation code, select the bag fees you’d like to prepay.
How to select seats
Questions about airline amenities or pets
Fees for checked baggage and carry-on restrictions
First, try contacting the airline or travel agency directly for help. If you already contacted the airline or travel agency and still need help, contact us.
Terms and conditions apply to your booking
Reservations are subject to the relevant airline or online travel agency’s booking terms and conditions.