Find plane tickets on Google Flights
When you use Google Flights to find plane tickets, you can get the best fares for where and when you want to travel. Use Google flights to:
- Find and book round trip, one-way and multi-city tickets
- Use an interactive calendar and price graph to find the best fares
- Filter your flight search by cabin class, airlines, and number of stops
Google Flights allows you to book flights from more than 300 airline and online travel agency partners. These partnerships have no impact on the ranking of offers suggested to you. Google may be remunerated when users click on a specific flight booking option and are redirected to the company/agency's website.
Find your flights
- Go to Google Flights.
- At the top, choose the number of stops, cabin class, and how many tickets you need.
- Select your ticket type: one-way, roundtrip, or multi-city.
- Choose your departure airport and destination. To pick from a list of popular destinations, tap Explore.
- Tap the calendar entry box to select your flight dates.You’ll see the lowest total price to fly for each day. Note: Flight prices are updated approximately once every 24 hours.
- To filter your results, tap Stops, Airlines, Class, Times, or More.
- Tap Sort by to re-order flights. You can see results by Best Flights (a default order that gives you the best trade-off between price and convenience, based on factors such as duration, number of stops, and airport changes during layovers), Price, Duration, and Departure Time.
- Choose a flight for each leg of your trip. The price shown is the total cost for every flight on the ticket.
- Tap an option to pick how you’ll book the flight:
- Once you’ve booked a flight, work with the airline or travel agency to confirm your booking, change it, or cancel it.
- For more information, refer to the airline or online travel agent's terms and conditions on their site.
Note: If your flight can’t be booked online, you'll see instructions to book by phone.
After searching for your tickets, “Flight insights” gives you options to optimize your travel experience.
Explore which travel dates have the best fares.
Shows fares for alternative airports.
See recommendations for when to book your ticket, cabin upgrades, travel guides, and more.
If your travel dates are flexible, explore fare trends by month or week.
Why some flights aren’t included
Google Flights uses over 300 partners (e.g. airlines, online travel agencies, aggregators) to display its offers. Not all airlines or available flights are included, as a partnership with Google is required. Some flights might not show up when:
- The flights are sold out or unavailable.
- The carrier hasn’t yet been added to Google Flights.
Flights can be bought as separate tickets from one or more partners. This option might appear when it could save you money or open more flight schedules.
If you see a notice that both tickets can be bought in a single transaction from an online travel agency, click the link to visit their website.
If your tickets must be bought separately:
- Visit the first airline or online travel agency’s website.
- Double-check the price, and buy your first ticket.
- Immediately visit the next airline’s on travel agency’s website, and buy the second ticket, to make sure your second ticket is still available. If your second ticket can’t be bought, in the United States you can call the airline to take advantage of 24-hour refund policies to refund the first ticket.
- If you need to make changes, you might be charged a change fee for each ticket.
- Each airline has different baggage rules and fees.
- Buying separate tickets from different airlines may require claiming and rechecking baggage, which takes additional time, so plan accordingly.
- If your outbound trip is delayed, for example in the case of a layover or multi-city trip, you might miss your second trip. To find out about your options, contact the airline.
About baggage fees, prices, and more
The price shown is only for the passenger air transport service itself, and includes VAT/GST and airport taxes. Additional fees may apply (baggage, credit card, etc.). The fees may vary depending on the airline or online travel agency option chosen.
If you notice a price discrepancy after you select your flight, use the feedback button in the lower left corner of the screen when searching on Google Flights.
Specific or additional insurances and/or commercial warranties may be offered by the carriers. For more information, please visit the carrier’s website.