April 2020: We enhanced the report’s data infrastructure and enabled the following enhancements:
- Launched ad-level targeting data; removed campaign targeting data.
- Improved the quality of geographic spending data to enable more accurate regional ad spend statistics. This enabled improvements in the India report and elsewhere.
- Increased the number of available ad previews.
- Improved the rendering of text ads.
- Merged identical versions of a creative into a single creative with total spend and impression statistics.
February 2020: We revised the presentation of data to reflect the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union.
December 2019: We removed the “Top Keywords” section of the US report. All historical data will remain in the CSV download and BigQuery.
October 2019: To improve the accuracy of the report, we now calculate all non-USD ad spend based on the daily exchange rate. We have recalculated historical ad spend accordingly.
March 2019: We restored data that impacted the total spend and number of ads displayed in the U.S. political advertising report.