Split or merge segments
Sometimes you may want to break up or combine segments for a better translation. A segment is usually a sentence, bullet, or header.
For example, a long sentence in English may sound better split into two sentences in German. Similarly, two sentences in English may sound better merged into one sentence in German.
- In the Translation editor, click the segment you want to split.
- At the top left, click Edit > Split segment.
- A box will appear with your segment highlighted. Place your cursor where you want to create the split.
- Click OK.
- In the Translation editor, click a segment you want to merge.
- Click Edit > Merge segments.
- You can merge your selected segment with the previous segment, or the following segment.
Note: You can only merge segments in the same paragraph. You cannot merge paragraphs, titles, bullets, and other structures in a document.