Saving to your hard drive
In a nutshell
- You can save translations, translation memories, and glossaries in Google Translator Toolkit to your local computer.
- You can download translations that you own or for which you have collaborator access.
- You can download translation memories and glossaries that you own.
To download a translation, click the Download button at the top of the sidebar in your translations list page. Translations are downloaded in the following formats:
- Translations are downloaded in the same format in which they were uploaded.
- Wikipedia™ and other MediaWiki™ articles uploaded online are downloaded as MediaWiki text.
- Knols uploaded online are downloaded as HTML.
Downloading translation memories
To download a translation memory, click the Download button at the top of the sidebar in your translation memories list page. Translation memories are downloaded in Translation Memory eXchange (TMX) format.
- When you download a translation memory, you are downloading a snapshot of its contents. This snapshot can be as old as 24 hours. Thus, your downloaded TMX may not reflect the latest translations added to your TM.
- If you're downloading a translation memory and you don't see the popup, please make sure that the popup has not been blocked by your browser.
To download a glossary, click the Download button at the top of the sidebar in your glossary list page. Glossaries are downloaded in our custom glossary format.