Using translation glossaries
A translation glossary is a collection of terms with translations, definitions, uses, and associated notes. When you upload a document for translation, you may wish to include a translation glossary if your translation meets any of the following criteria:
- Your translation is part of a larger set of documents that should maintain consistent terminology across documents.
As you translate sentences, we automatically search all available glossaries for terminology in your sentence. If such terms exist, we show them to you, helping you keep your term translations consistent with those of other translators.
Some translators may want a glossary from which to lookup terminology. In such cases, you can associate a glossary with a translation by following these steps:
- When creating a new translation, click Sharing.
- Type the name of the glossary that you want to use as your reference. If you have no access to glossaries, you can create a new glossary.
- Click Save.
If you make a mistake and need to add or change the glossary associated with an incomplete translation, you can change the glossary association by following these steps:
- Open the translation in the translation edit page.
- Click Edit > Edit properties.
- Select the glossary that you want to use as your primary reference. If you have no access to glossaries, you can create a new glossary.
- Click OK.