File formats, size limits, and cost
In a nutshell
- Translations and glossaries each have a maximum size of 1MB.
- Documents can be uploaded in most common file formats.
- Translation memories have a maximum size of 50MB per upload.
- Google Translator Toolkit is free.
Size and format limits for uploads
- Each translation source document can be up to 1MB.
- You can upload documents from any of the following file formats:
- You can upload up to 1GB of translations per year.
Note: An AdWords Editor Archive (.aea) file compresses the document that contains your AdWords keywords and ad text. 1MB of keywords and ad text (approximately 20,000 words) is about 25Kb when compressed in an AdWords Editor Archive file; thus, the limit for .aea files is 25Kb.
- Each uploaded translation memory can be up to 50MB per upload.
- You can upload translation memories in Translation Memory eXchange (TMX) format.
- You can upload up to 1GB of translation memories per year.
- Each uploaded glossary can be up to 1MB per upload.
- You can upload glossaries in our custom glossary format.
- You can upload up to 1GB of glossaries per year.