In some languages, you can translate both sides of a conversation between 2 languages.
Step 1: Start translation
- Open the Translate app .
- At the top left and top right:
- Tap the languages shown.
- Tap the languages each of you speak.
- Tap Conversation .
- Say something.
Step 2: Talk & translate
- To change one of the languages, tap the language you want to change and select the language you want. For example, or .
- To translate anything said in either language into the other language, tap Both .
- To stop or start translation in one language, tap either the left or right Speak .
- To hear a translation again, tap the translation's text box or Listen .
- To edit what you said, tap the text box and update the text. The text will automatically retranslate.
- To open the homepage with the translation, tap Next .
- To get a brief introduction, tap the Question mark .
- To continue your conversation, tap Auto .
Step 3: Finish translation
To stop translation, in the top left, tap Back .