Translate a bilingual conversation
In some languages, you can translate both sides of a spoken conversation between 2 languages with the Google Translate app.
Step 1: Start translating
- Open the Translate app .
- At the top left and top right:
- Tap the language shown.
- Tap a language one of you speaks.
- Tap Conversation .
- Say something.
Step 2: Talk & translate
- To have anything said in either language translated into the other language, tap Auto .
- To stop or start translating in one language, tap Speak .
- To hear a translation again, tap the top text box.
- To save translated words in your history, tap Translate .
Step 3: Finish translating
To stop translating, at the top left, tap Back .
Languages you can have a conversation in