In some languages, you can translate both sides of a conversation between 2 languages.
Step 1: Start translation
- Open the Translate app .
- At the top left and top right:
- Tap the languages shown.
- Tap the languages each of you speak.
- Tap Conversation .
- Say something.
Step 2: Talk & translate
- To change one of the languages, tap the language you want to change and select the language you want ( or ).
- To have anything said in either language translated into the other language, tap Both .
- To stop or start translation in one language, tap one of the microphones on the left or right .
- To hear a translation again, tap the speaker icon or the text box that contains it.
- To edit what you said, tap on the text box and update the text. The text will automatically retranslate.
- To open the home page with the translation, tap the arrow .
- To get a brief introduction, tap the question mark .
Step 3: Finish translation
To stop translation, in the top left, tap Back .
Languages you can have a conversation in