In some languages, you can translate both sides of a spoken conversation with the Google Translate app. You can also use your Pixel Buds to get real-time translations.
Step 1: Start translation
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Translate app .
- Choose your languages. At the bottom left and bottom right:
- Tap the languages shown.
- Tap the languages each of you speak.
- Tap Conversation .
Step 2: Talk & translate
- To translate anything said in either language into the other language: Tap Auto .
- To stop or start translation in one language: Tap Speak .
- To hear a translation again: Tap the top text box.
- To continue your conversation: Tap Auto .
Step 3: Finish translation
To stop translation, at the top left, tap Back .