You can draw letters or phrases and see their translation using the Translate app. This is useful if your keyboard doesn’t use the letters or symbols that you want to translate.
- Open the Translate app .
- At the top left, tap the Down arrow the language from which you’re translating.
- At the top right, tap the Down arrow the language into which you want to translate.
- At the top right, tap Handwrite .
- If the button is greyed out, handwriting doesn’t work for that language.
- Under 'Write here', draw a character, word or phrase. When you stop drawing, Translate shows the closest match.
- To add spaces between entries, tap Space .
- To delete letters, tap Backspace .
- To undo typing, tap Undo .
- When you’ve finished, tap Translate .
Note: To resize the handwriting box, touch and hold Drag . Then drag it higher or lower on the screen.