Translate with handwriting or virtual keyboard
You can draw letters or phrases and see their translation using the Translate app. This is useful if your keyboard doesn’t use the letters or symbols you want to translate.
- Open the Translate app .
- Tap the language in the top-left tap the language you’re translating.
- Tap the language in the top-right tap the language to translate into.
- Tap Draw . If the button is grayed out, handwriting won’t work for that language.
- In the box that says "Write here," draw a character, word, or phrase. When you stop drawing, Translate displays the closest match.
- To add spaces between entries, tap space.
- To delete letters, tap Backspace .
- When you’re done, tap Translate .
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?