Translate with handwriting or virtual keyboard
You can draw letters or phrases and see their translation using the Translate app. This is useful if your keyboard doesn’t use the letters or symbols you want to translate.
- Open the Translate app .
- Tap the top-left Down arrow tap the language you’re translating.
- Tap the top-right Down Arrow tap the language to translate into.
- Tap Handwrite . If handwriting doesn’t work for that language, the button is grayed out.
- In the box that says "Write here," draw a character, word, or phrase. When you stop drawing, Translate displays the closest match.
- To add spaces between entries, tap Space .
- To delete letters, tap Backspace .
- To undo typing, tap Undo .
- When you’re done, tap Translate .
Note: To resize the handwriting box, touch and hold Drag . Then drag it higher or lower on the screen.