Translate words and phrases by handwriting
You can draw letters or phrases and see their translation using the Translate app.
To resize the handwriting box, touch and hold Drag . Then move it higher or lower on the screen.
- Open the Translate app .
- Tap the top-left Down arrow tap the language you're translating.
- Tap the top-right Down Arrow tap the language to translate into.
- Tap Handwrite . If handwriting doesn't work for that language, the button is grayed out.
- In the box that says "Write here," draw a character, word, or phrase. When you stop drawing, Translate displays the closest match.
- To add spaces between entries, tap Space .
- To delete letters, tap Backspace .
- To undo typing, tap Undo .
- When you're done, tap Translate .
Was this article helpful?