You can draw letters or phrases and see their translation using the Translate app. This is useful if your keyboard doesn’t use the letters or symbols you want to translate.
- Open the Translate app .
- At the top left, tap the Down arrow the language you’re translating from.
- At the top right, tap the Down Arrow the language to translate into.
- At the top right, tap Handwrite .
- If the button is grayed out, handwriting doesn’t work for that language.
- Under "Write here," draw a character, word, or phrase. When you stop drawing, Translate shows the closest match.
- To add spaces between entries, tap Space .
- To delete letters, tap Backspace .
- To undo typing, tap Undo .
- When you’re done, tap Translate .
Note: To resize the handwriting box, touch and hold Drag . Then drag it higher or lower on the screen.