You can translate spoken words and phrases if your device has a microphone. In some languages, you'll hear the translation spoken aloud.
- Go to the Google Translate page.
- Choose the language input.
- At the bottom left of the text box, click Speak .
- When told to "Speak now," say what you want to translate.
- To stop recording, click Speak .
Tip: Currently, speech mode does not support the "Detect language" feature.
To allow the Chrome browser to get access to microphone, visit Use your camera & microphone.
This feature is only available on Chrome. Learn how to download & install Chrome.