Show your site in another language
You can show visitors a translated version of your web page using the Website Translator plug-in.
Add the plug-in to your site
- Visit the Website Translator setup page.
- Click Add to your website now.
- Follow the instructions on the page.
Note: Before adding the Website Translator plug-in to a corporate intranet page, ask your system administrator. The connection it uses to send the page for translation won’t be secure.
Pick a language for your site
To send visitors to a translated version of your site, add '
#googtrans' and one or more language codes in parentheses to the end of your web address.
For example, to show your site in English and French, you’d add: '
Note: The plug-in works with many languages, but not all.
Find the language code for your language
- Go to the Google Translate languages page.
- In the search field, enter the language that you want to use.
- Copy the letters at the end of the web address (after '
If the plug-in works with the language, you’ll see a list of ways it can be translated, including 'Offline'.
The language code shows at the end of the web address.