Show your site in another language
You can show visitors a translated version of your webpage using the Website Translator plugin.
Add the plugin to your site
- Visit the Website Translator setup page.
- Click Add to your website now.
- Follow the instructions on the page.
Note: Ask your system administrator before adding the Website Translator plugin to a corporate intranet page. The connection it uses to send the page for translation won’t be secure.
Pick a language for your site
To send visitors to a translated version of your site, add "
#googtrans" and one or more language codes in parentheses to the end of your web address.
For example, to show your site in English and French, you’d add "
Note: The plugin works with many languages, but not all.
Find the language code for your language
- Visit the Google Translate Languages page.
- In the search field, enter the language you want to use.
- Copy the letters at the end of the web address, after "
If the language is supported by the plugin, you’ll see a list of ways it can be translated, including "Offline".
The language code is shown at the end of the web address.