You can use the Translate widget to find Translate entries on your home screen.
Add the widget
- On your Home screen, touch and hold an empty space.
- You can also touch and hold the Translate app icon.
- Tap Widgets .
- Scroll to find the Translate widget.
- Touch and hold the widget.
- Move the widget to the location on the screen where you want it. Then, lift your finger.
Resize the widget
- On your Home screen, touch and hold the Translate widget.
- After you lift your finger, on the corners of the widget, touch and drag the dots.
- Tap outside the widget.
Use the Quick Actions Toolbar
- Search bar: To quickly open the Translate app, tap the translation language indicator.
- Voice input: To speak directly into the text field, tap Mic .
- Conversation: To translate a word or phrase from one language to another, tap Conversation .
- Transcribe: To translate and transcribe your conversation in real time, tap Transcribe .
- Word Lens: To automatically translate what your camera sees, tap Camera .
- Translate clipboard: To quickly translate a word or phrase you've copied, tap Clipboard .
Saved translations & history
You can find your saved translations, tab to a full history view, save a translation, or copy translations to your clipboard.
To find past translations, tap the title bar. From here, you can:
- Scroll: To find your history and saved translations, under “History” or “Saved,” scroll up.
- Tab: To go between your history and saved translations, next to “History” or “Saved,” tap Over .
- Copy: To copy your translation to the clipboard, next to the translation, tap Copy .
- Save: To save your translation, next to the translation, tap Save .
- Speak: To hear your translated phrase, tap Speak .
- When you tap the translation, the translation details will open in the Translate app.
- This feature is not available in all languages.