You can use translated captions to translate spoken English into these languages:
Translated captions are currently only available for the following Workspace editions:
- Business Plus
- Enterprise Starter
- Enterprise Standard
- Enterprise Plus
- Teaching & Learning Upgrade
- Education Plus
If your Workspace organizations signed up to beta test translated captions, you can continue to test more languages and send feedback. To opt out, use this form.
Turn on translated captions
Important: Translated captions are currently available for video calls in spoken English. To use translated captions, “Captions” should be set to English and “Translated Captions” should be set to one of the translated languages.
- On your computer, open Google Meet.
- From a meeting, click More options Settings Captions .
- Turn on “Captions” and set the language to English.
- Turn on “Translated captions.”
- Select a language:
Tip: Anyone who uses Google Meet can use standard captions.