When there's a disruption on your network, you can create service alerts to provide additional information for users. When you create service alerts, they’re added to your Transit feeds and are displayed on Google Maps.
The Service alert editor is a feature in the Transit Partner Dashboard that you can use to create and manage your alerts:
Alert information is categorized under the following headings:
- Alert active periods: Use this section to specify the time when the alert should be shown to the user.
- Affected entities: Use this section to indicate the entities who should be notified of the new alert.
- Problem: Use this section to provide details about the cause and the effect of the alert.
- Localized description: Use this section to choose the language of the alerts, provide text describing the alert, and provide a URL to where more information can be found
How to open the Service alert editor
To open the Service alert editor, follow the steps below:
- Open the Transit Partner Dashboard.
- To open your feed configuration page, click Static feed.
- Click the Realtime feed tab.
- Click the Manual service alerts tab.
Note: The Realtime feed view is displayed.
- Click Create.
- The Service alert editor opens in a new page.