Google Trader program policies
Google is committed to providing policies that benefit our users, advertisers, partners, and Google. To achieve this goal, we maintain high standards for items accepted into the Trader program. In addition to Google's Terms of service the policies listed below apply to your use of Google Trader. From time to time, we may change our content policies, so please check here often for updates. We reserve the right to reject or approve any item or any account at any time.
General Posting Policies
- All items and any web pages that you link to must be in English.
- All items and any web pages that you link to must be in English.
- All ads should be relevant to the local community.
- You must provide an accurate location for your items.
- Your URLs must link to a working website.
- Your URLs must link directly to the webpages that contain information about your items.
- If you do provide a link to another site, your listing on Google Trader should include relevant and sufficient information about your item to allow users to decide whether the item is interesting or not.
- We do not allow links to an email address or a file (e.g. an image, audio, video, or document file) that requires an additional program or application to open or run.
- We do not allow links or image links to sites with a robots.txt file that prevents Google from crawling. Learn more about robots.txt.
- We do not allow links to content or landing pages that require a registration or password to view or require the acceptance of cookies to render.
- We do not allow links that redirect.
- You must select the most relevant category for your posts. We reserve the right to re-categorize any items posted on Google Trader. Contact Details: You must provide adequate contact details in your posts. That includes phone number and/or email. Posts without contact details will be removed.
- Google may use these details to contact you about your Google Trader account (e.g to warn you that your item listing is about to expire) or to request your feedback about your experience with Google Trader.
- You are not allowed to post the same item multiple times.
- You can only post an item in the most relevant category. Posting in multiple categories is not permitted.
- If your items are older but still valid and you want to refresh them, you should edit and re-post them, please do not post duplicates.
- You should enter all requirements required under applicable law in the description field for your listing such as information about return/exchange/refund policies.
- You agree that Google is not your agent and you are solely responsible for your listings.
PROHIBITIVE ITEMS AND CONTENT
Adult goods and services: Listing for adult goods and services, including goods and services containing nudity, sexually explicit content, pornography, prostitution or non-consensual adult material is not permitted
Affiliates: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of affiliate sites, products sold through a commission-based relationship, or sites that sell through cataloged third-party drop-shipping programs. This includes item pages that are made up primarily of advertisements, or pages where advertisements obstruct the view of the item.
Animals and endangered species: Listing is not permitted for the sale of endangered or legally-protected species, including products generated by or derived from those species.
Anti and Violence: Items and associated websites may not promote violence or advocate against a protected group. A protected group is distinguished by their:
-Race or ethnic origin
-Color -National origin
-Sexual orientation/Gender identity
This standard applies to everyone who wants to post on Google, whether we agree with their viewpoint or not.
Body parts: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of body parts or human remains.
Borrowed content: Listing is not permitted for content borrowed from other websites. You must own the content you submit, or you must be submitting on behalf of the content owner.
Bulk marketing tools: The promotion of the following bulk marketing products is not permitted if the stated or implied use of these products is unsolicited spam:
-Email lists that are not opt-in
-Bulk email software
Cable descramblers and black boxes: Listing is not permitted for products that descramble cable and satellite signals in order to get free cable services.
Child Sexual Abuse Imagery: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of sexual abuse materials involving minors or content that encourages or promotes sexual attraction towards children. We have a zero tolerance policy towards content of this nature and, where appropriate, will report violators to law enforcement. Copyright unlocking devices: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of mod chips or other devices designed to circumvent copyright protection.
Copyrighted media and software: All items must respect copyright and trademark law. Listing is not permitted for unauthorized copies of media, software, or other licensed or protected material.
Counterfeit and unauthorized goods: Listing is not permitted for products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods; items without a celebrity endorsement that would normally require such an association; fake autographs, counterfeit stamps, and other potentially unauthorized goods.
Dialers: We do not permit items that are associated with dialers in any way.
Drug test circumvention aids: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of products such as drug cleansing shakes and urine test additives.
Drugs and drug paraphernalia: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of illegal drugs and drug accessories, including herbal drugs such as salvia and magic mushrooms.
Duplication and mirrors: We do not permit duplicate posted content, or the promotion of mirrored sites or products. Listing using automated software programs or "robots" is not permitted.
False representation: You may not post on behalf of Google, or otherwise impersonate a Google employee. You also may not post on behalf of or impersonate another individual or an organization that you are not authorized to represent.
Gaming/gambling: Listing is not permitted for online casinos, sports books, bingo, and affiliates with the primary purpose of driving traffic to online gambling sites.
Government IDs or documents: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of fake IDs, passports, diplomas, and noble titles.
Hacking and cracking materials: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of manuals, how-to guides, information, or equipment enabling illegal access to software, servers, websites, or other protected property.
Illegal goods and services: Listing must be in accordance with all applicable laws. Listing is not permitted for materials, products, or information promoting illegal goods or enabling illegal acts. You may not disclaim knowledge of, or responsibility for, the authenticity or legality of the items you offer. You must authenticate any items you sell.
Malware and Phishing: You may not use this product to link to malware or viruses nor to engage in phishing activity.
Miracle cures: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of unsubstantiated cures, remedies or other items marketed as quick health fixes.
Multi-level marketing: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of multi-level marking (MLM) businesses or other businesses that recruit members and offer them rewards for recruiting others and/or selling services ("pyramid schemes").
Personal Information: You may not list content that includes contact or personal information about another individual without their permission.
Prescription drugs or pharmacies: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of prescription drugs.
Pyrotechnic devices and hazardous materials: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of fireworks and related goods; toxic, explosive, flammable, and radioactive materials and substances. This includes information on how to create explosive devices.
Weapons: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of illegal knives or other illegal weapons.
Wholesale currency: Listing is not permitted for the promotion of discounted currencies or currency exchanges.
Standard grammar and spellings: Avoid any repeated and unnecessary use of punctuation, capitalization or symbols. Don't use exclamation points in your item titles. The use of symbols, numbers, and letters should adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
Gimmicky repetition: Avoid excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords.
Offensive or inappropriate language: Avoid offensive or inappropriate language.
Inappropriate links: Links in posting are allowed only if they point to a web page with additional information about the specific product/service.
Compliance with applicable laws: Listing should comply with applicable laws.
Inadequate information: Listings without adequate product/service information will be rejected.
Insufficient seller contact information: Sellers should provide sufficient information (email and/or phone,selling location) for users to contact.
Missing image: While we accept listings without image, we may reject listings without an image if the product is not well defined or when an image is necessary for users to understand the product being sold.
Duplicate: Submission of duplicate listings is strongly discouraged. Sellers with history of submitting duplicates will be blocked.
CATEGORY SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
One Listing per job opportunity: A job listing should advertise one job opportunity only.
No upfront payments for job related listings: Posting for job opportunities that require upfront payments will be rejected.
Clarity of job description: Posting without a clear description of the type of work will be rejected.
Work from home or pay by commission jobs: Posting is not permitted for "work from home" jobs or jobs that only pay by commission unless there is a very clear description of the product or service sold.
Incorrect classification: The listing is posted in the wrong category.