How do I find the product I am looking for?
In Google Trader, you can look for specific products you are looking for, and you can browse through general categories and discover something you will find useful.
If you know exactly what you are looking for, you can search for items on Google Trader:
- You will find a search box on the top of Google Trader’s home page
- Enter two or more words that accurately describe the item you are looking for (for example, the make and model of the product, or brand and version) in the search box. Then click the Search button (the button with the magnifying glass icon).
- If you don't get enough results, try different keywords. If you have too many results, try additional keywords to narrow down the listings.
- If you don’t get any results at all, make sure you’re not searching in the wrong category. For instance, you’re unlikely to get any results for a car if you’re searching in the Furniture category. You can also try the search suggestions that will show up automatically for Other Categories and Everywhere when there are no search results.
If you have an idea of what you are looking for but don't have a specific product in mind (or if you feel like window shopping), you can browse for items on Google Trader:
- On Google Trader’s home page, click the category links that interest you.
- To refine these results, add keywords to the search bar at the top of each category page.
A more advanced option you can try on Google Trader is the location search. There are two ways to search by location on Google Trader:
- Enter the name of your city or town as one of your search keywords. It will only display listings that are for sale within 50 kilometers of the locality you specified.
- Click the category that interests you or enter your search terms.
Alternatively, you can use filters to only show results specific to your city or to a given location:
- At the listing results page, you have a series of filters you can use on the left hand side of your screen.
- The first filter you have is the Item Location filter. Click on the city or location you wish to see results for.
Lastly, you can browse using popular searches on Google Trader. On the Google Trader’s home page you’ll see search terms linked at the bottom of each category. These are the most popular search terms for each of those categories. If you click on the search terms, you will be taken to the search results for those terms directly.