Create a tour
Use Google Tour Creator to create and publish virtual reality tours. You can use Google Street View panoramas, add your own images from 360 cameras, and annotate the tour with details and facts, to create immersive experiences.
Before you begin
- You must sign in to Tour Creator with your Google account.
- Tour Creator works with Google Chrome, Firefox®, and Safari®.
Chrome We support the latest version of Google Chrome. Normally, Chrome updates automatically when a new version becomes available. If you don't have the latest version, you can update Chrome yourself. For details, see Update Google Chrome.
We support the current and the previous release of Firefox® and Safari® browsers. Each time a new browser version is released, we begin supporting that version and stop supporting the third most recent version.
- After you start creating a tour, all your changes are saved in Tour Creator. You can make any changes, close the tour, and go back to it later. Your tours appear on the Tour Creator homepage if you are signed in. Click a tour’s cover photo from the home page to continue editing.
Create your first tour
- Sign in to Tour Creator.
- Click + New tour.
- Enter a title.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- (Optional) Click Categories and select a category.
Note: Categories help others find your tours on Poly.
- Choose an option to add a cover photo:
- Drop an image into the screen, or
- Click Select an image, choose an image, and click Open.
Note: Photos must be at least 576 x 432px.
- Click Create.
- Click Add scene.
- Choose an option to add an image:
- To add a Google Street View panorama, click Google Maps, type an address and press Enter.
- To upload an image, click Upload and drop the image on the screen or select an image
- Click Add scene to add your panorama or image to your tour.
- Add a title.
- (Optional) Add a description or credits.
- (Optional) Add ambient audio and/or narration.
- To add ambient audio, click Add ambient audio.
- To add narration, click Add scene narration.
- Note: Audio clip must be 10-30 seconds (mp3) and narration file must be an mp3 file.
- (Optional) To view a scene, at the bottom, click the scene name.
- To reorder your scenes, at the bottom, click the scene and then click More Move left or Move right.
- To delete a scene, click the scene and then click Trash .
- (Optional) To add a point of interest, click + Add point of interest.
- An [information icon] appears on the image. Use your mouse or pad to position the icon in the scene.
- Enter a title or description for the point of interest.
- (Optional) To add an image for the point of interest, click Choose image and choose an option:
- Drop an image into the screen, and click Add.
- Click Select an image, choose an image, and click Open Add.
- (Optional) To reorder your points of interest, click a point of interest, click More Move up or Move down.
- (Optional) To add Narration, click a point of interest, click Add Narration and choose an option:
- Drop an mp3 file into the screen, and click Add.
- Click Select an audio file, choose an audio file, and click Open Add.
- (Optional) To delete a point of interest, click it, click More Delete point of interest.
Now it's time to publish your tour.