Create a tour
Use Google Tour Creator to create and publish virtual reality tours. You can use Google Street View panoramas, add your own images from 360 cameras, and annotate the tour with details and facts, to create immersive experiences.
Before you begin
- You must sign in to Tour Creator with your Google account.
- Tour Creator works with Google Chrome, Firefox®, and Safari®.
- After you start creating a tour, all your changes are saved in Tour Creator. You can make any changes, close the tour, and go back to it later. Your tours appear on the Tour Creator homepage if you are signed in. Click a tour’s cover photo from the home page to continue editing.
|Chrome||We support the latest version of Google Chrome. Normally, Chrome updates automatically when a new version becomes available. If you don't have the latest version, learn how to update Google Chrome.|
|Firefox®||We support the current and the previous release of Firefox® and Safari® browsers. Each time a new browser version is released, we begin supporting that version and stop supporting the third most recent version.|
Create your first tour
- Sign in to Tour Creator.
- Click + New tour.
- Enter a title.
- Optional: Enter a description.
- Optional: To help other find your tour on Poly, click Category.
- Add a cover photo. Note: Photos must be at least 576 x 432px.
- Click Create.
Add tour scenes
- Click Add scene.
- To add an image, choose an option:
- Add a Google Street View panorama: Click Street View, search for a place, and press Enter.
- Add your own photo: Click Upload and select an image.
- Click Add scene to add your panorama or image to your tour.
- Add a title and description to your scene.
- Optional: Add mp3 sound files to the scene. Note: Audio clips must be 10-30 seconds long.
- Add background noise: click Add ambient audio .
- Add audio commentary: click Add scene narration .
- To add more scenes, repeat the steps above.
Edit or delete scenes
- To go to a different scene on your tour, at the bottom, click its name.
- To reorder your scenes, at the bottom, click the scene and then click More Move left or Move right.
- To delete a scene, click the scene and then click Trash .
You can choose what viewers see when they enter each scene. That way, you can decide what they should focus on.
Choose the starting point
- Click the scene you want to edit.
- On the bottom left, click Set starting view.
- Click and drag the photo until it shows the view you want users to see.
- When you’re done, click Save.
After you save, your starting point is set. When a viewer opens a scene or clicks the compass, they’ll return to the starting position.
Add or change a point of interest (POI)
Add a new POI
- Click + Add point of interest.
- Use your mouse or pad to click and drag the POI .
- On the right, add a title and description for the point of interest.
Edit or remove a POI
- To change the order, click a point of interest More Move up or Move down.
- To add a picture, click Add image overlay . Then, select a photo.
- To add narration, click a point of interest Add Narration. Then, select an audio file.
- To remove a POI, click the point of interest More Delete point of interest.