Highlight and find words on web pages
You can search a web page for words or phrases using the Highlight and Word find buttons in Google Toolbar.
- Go to a web page.
- Type a word or phrase in the Toolbar search box. (You don't need to press Enter.)
- On the Toolbar, click the highlight button . (Can't see the button? Try clicking the More menu on the Toolbar.)
Your word or phrase will be highlighted wherever it appears on the page.
Find individual words in your search
If you've typed a phrase in the Toolbar search box, you can search a web page for individual words in the phrase:
- On the Toolbar, look for buttons labelled with each word next to magnifying glass icons
- Click a button to see where the word first appears on the page.
- Click again to find the next instance, and so on.
Turn highlight and word find on or off
- On the right side of the Toolbar, click the spanner
- On the left side of the window, click the Tools tab.
- To turn on highlight and word find, tick the box next to “Highlight” . To turn off, untick the box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the window.