Highlight and find words on webpages
You can search a webpage for words or phrases using the highlight and word find buttons in Google Toolbar.
- Go to a webpage.
- Type a word or phrase in the Toolbar search box. (You don't need to press Enter.)
- On the Toolbar, click the highlight button . (Don't see the button? Try clicking the More menu on the Toolbar.)
Your word or phrase will be highlighted wherever it appears on the page.
Find individual words in your search
If you've typed a phrase in the Toolbar search box, you can search a webpage for individual words in the phrase:
- On Toolbar, look for buttons labeled with each word next to magnifying glass icons
- Click one of these buttons to see where the word first appears on the page.
- Click again to find the next instance, and so on.
Turn highlight and word find on or off
- On the right side of Toolbar, click the wrench
- On the left side of the window, click the Tools tab.
- To turn on highlight and word find, check the box next to “Highlight” . To turn off, uncheck the box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the window.