Uninstall Google Toolbar
Here's how to uninstall Toolbar:
- On the right side of Toolbar, click the down arrow next to the wrench icon
- Select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
If the directions above don't work, you can also uninstall Toolbar using the Add or Remove Programmes Control Panel:
- Click the Windows Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Double-click Programmes and Features.
- Double-click Google Toolbar for IE.
- Click Uninstall.
Note: Windows User Account Control might appear and ask you for permission to uninstall. If that happens and you don’t have administrator rights (at work, for example), you may need to contact the person or department that manages computers and technology.
If Toolbar won’t uninstall
If you’re having trouble uninstalling Google Toolbar, you may need to first install the latest version. That’s because an update to the latest version replaces missing Toolbar files that might be causing your problems with the uninstall process.