Toolbar Privacy Practices
You can choose what information is sent to Google when you use Google Toolbar.
Information that can be sent to Google
Depending on the features you turn on, Google Toolbar might send the following to Google:
- The URLs of the sites you visit
- Your searches
- Your device's IP address
- Information saved to AutoFill (except credit card information)
- Words you translated or spell-checked
- Information about your location if you choose to share it with a website
Stop sharing certain information with Google
You can set up your toolbar so it doesn’t send Google the URLs of sites you visit. This will also turn off search suggestions.
- On your Toolbar, click Options .
- Select General.
- Uncheck the box next to "Provide suggestions on navigation errors."
- Click Save.
To keep from sending your Google search queries while you’re typing, turn off instant search in your search features. Learn how to turn search features on or off.