Add, manage, and import bookmarks
You can save shortcut links to your favorite webpages using Bookmarks in Google Toolbar. The links you save are stored in your Google Account, so you can access them from any Internet-connected device. If you already have bookmarks saved in Internet Explorer, you can import those into the Bookmarks tool.
Don't have an account? Learn more about Google Accounts
Turn Bookmarks on or off in Toolbar
- On the right side of Toolbar, click the wrench
- Click the Tools tab on the left.
- To turn on, check "Bookmarks" . To turn off, uncheck the box.
- Click Save.
If you turn off Bookmarks, the Bookmarks button will disappear from your Toolbar. But you can still manage bookmarks you already saved at google.com/bookmarks.
Add a bookmark
Once you've turned on Bookmarks in Toolbar, follow these steps to add a bookmark.
- Go to the site you want to bookmark.
- Click the Bookmarks star icon in the Toolbar
- If prompted, sign in to your Google Account.
Find and manage your bookmarks
To quickly find and open bookmarks you've added, follow these steps.
- Click Bookmarks on the Toolbar. A drop-down menu will appear with a list of your bookmarks.
- To go to a bookmarked site, select it in the list.
You can also manage your bookmarks at google.com/bookmarks.
Import Internet Explorer bookmarks into Google Bookmarks
- Click the Sign In button in the Toolbar.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Click the Bookmarks button drop-down, and select Import IE Favorites.
- Select the bookmarks you'd like to import.
- Click Import.
Your Internet Explorer bookmarks will now appear in google.com/bookmarks.