If you use Google+, Google Toolbar allows you to view your Google+ notifications from anywhere on the web. The notification button will automatically show up on the Toolbar whenever you are signed in to a Google+ account. If you aren't a Google+ user or you’re signed out of your account, the notification button will be hidden.
Whenever you have new notifications of recent Google+ activity, the button will turn red and display a count of all your unread notifications. Click the notification button to see a summary of your notifications. You can do the following from the notifications menu:
- Click a specific notification to see more details.
- Take action on your notifications, such as commenting on a post or adding someone to a circle.
- See more notifications by clicking Newer and Older. To go to Google+ and see all your notifications click View all.
Enable or disable the Notifications feature
- Click the Toolbar's wrench icon.
- On the Tools tab, select (or deselect) the "Google+ Notifications" checkbox.
- Click Save.