WARNING: HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
To avoid damaging your device, accessories or any connected devices, and to reduce the risk of personal injury, discomfort, property damage or other potential hazards, follow these precautions below.
Pacemakers and other implanted medical devices
Your device contains magnets, components, and radios that emit electromagnetic fields and could interfere with pacemakers or other electronic medical devices. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, contact your physician or medical-device manufacturer to make sure it’s okay to use your device. Before using your device, consult your physician or medical-device manufacturer about the required minimum safe distance between magnets and your medical device. If you suspect your device is interfering with your pacemaker or other implanted medical devices, move away from your security key and consult your physician.
Bluetooth/NFC/USB Titan Security Key (K13T)
Please read before proceeding
The battery is not fully charged when you take the device out of the box. Your warranty is voided if you disassemble or attempt to disassemble the device.
- Be sure the charger and device are well-ventilated when in use or charging.
- Using damaged cables or charging when moisture is present, can cause a fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to your device or other property.
- Avoid charging in direct sunlight or in ambient temperatures above 95°F ( 35° C).
- Titan Security Key is intended to be charged with a standard USB port using the included micro USB conversion cable.
- If using a USB adapter, it needs to be certified for the country of use with a limited power source (LPS) output per IEC 60950-1/IEC 62368-1 (PS1), with output rated 5Vdc, maximum 1.5A. Failure to use compatible charging accessories can cause fire, electric shock, injury, or damage to the device and the accessories.
- If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses.
- This device contains a lithium-ion battery which is a sensitive component that can cause injury if damaged.
- Do not attempt to open, remove or service the battery.
- Do not disassemble, crush, puncture, short external contacts or circuits, dispose of in fire or water, or expose a battery pack to temperatures higher than 45 ̊C (113 ̊F).
- If the battery leaks: Do not allow the leaking fluid to come in contact with skin or clothing. If already in contact, flush the affected area immediately with clean water and seek medical advice. Do not allow the leaking fluid to come in contact with eyes. Take extra precautions to keep a leaking battery away from fire as there is a danger of ignition or explosion.
Bluetooth/NFC/USB (K13T) & USB-A/NFC (K9T) Titan Security Keys
Please read before proceeding
Your warranty is voided if you disassemble or attempt to disassemble the device.
- Do not apply excessive pressure to the device to prevent damage (remove the device from your pants’ pocket or back pocket before sitting down).
- Do not expose your device to open flames or lit tobacco products.
- Do not attempt to disassemble your device. Service by authorized personnel only. You may damage the device or the battery if you disassemble, drop, bend, burn, crush, or puncture your device.
- Do not use a device with cracked case. Using a damaged device may cause the battery to overheat and/or injury.
- Do not expose your Titan Security Key to liquids, which can cause a short circuit and overheating. If your device gets wet, do not attempt to dry it using an external heat source. Titan Security Key is designed to work best in ambient temperatures between 32° to 95° F (0° and 35° C), and should be stored between ambient temperatures of -4° and 113° F (-20° and 45° C).
- Do not expose to temperatures above 113° F (45° C), as this may damage the product, overheat the battery, or pose a risk of fire.
- Dispose of your device, battery, and accessories according to local environmental regulations. Do not dispose of them in normal household waste. Improper disposal may lead to fire, explosion, and/or other hazards.
Service & Support
Damage requiring service
Unplug the product and refer servicing to an authorized service technician or provider under the following conditions:
- Liquid has been spilled or an object has fallen into the product.
- The product has been exposed to water.
- The product has been damaged.
- The product does not operate normally when you follow the operating instructions.
Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
FCC regulatory compliance
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and
can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
- Changes or modifications not expressly approved by Google could void your authority to operate the equipment or warranty.
ImportantThis device and charging cable have demonstrated Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) compliance under conditions that included the use of compliant peripheral devices and shielded cables between system components. It is important that you use compliant peripheral devices and shielded cables between system components to reduce the possibility of causing interference to radios, televisions, and other electronic devices.
Radio Frequency Exposure
This device complies with FCC Radiation Exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This device complies with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) license-exempt RSS standard(s)
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause interference, and
(2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d’ISED applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L’exploitation est autorisée aux dues conditions suivantes :
(1) l’appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage, et
(2) l’utilisateur de l’appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d’en compromettre le fonctionnement.
CAN ICES-3 (B)/NMB-3(B)
RF exposure statement:
This equipment complies with ISED radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator & your body. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating with any other antenna or transmitter.
Le rayonnement de la classe b respecte ISED fixaient un environnement non contrôles et mise en oeuvre de ce matériel devrait avec échangeur distance minimale entre 20 cm ton corps. Lanceurs ou ne peuvent pas coexister cette antenne ou capteurs ave d’autres.
|Model: K9T (USB-A/NFC)|
|Model: K13T (Micro USB/NFC/Bluetooth)|
|FCC ID: ZD3FTMULTIPASSK13|
- NFC: 13.56 MHz
- Bluetooth: 2402-2480 MHz
- RF Output Power: 2.5mW
Waste Electrical and Electronic (WEEE) Directive
The WEEE symbol above means that according to local laws and regulations your product and its battery(ies) should be disposed of separately from household waste. When this product reaches its end of life, take it to a collection point designated by local authorities for safe disposal or recycling. The separate collection and recycling of your product, and its electrical accessories will help conserve natural resources, protect human health, and help the environment.
Google Hardware Limited Warranty | USA/CANADA
If there are any differences between this online Limited Warranty and the Limited Warranty included in the box with your product then this online Limited Warranty will supersede the terms of your in the box warranty.
This Limited Warranty applies only if you purchased your Google product ("Product") in the United States or Canada.
What does this warranty cover and how long does it last? Google warrants that a new Google Product (including any ancillary parts that may be packaged with it) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use in accordance with Google’s published user documentation for one year from the date of original retail purchase in its original packaging by you. If a Google Product has been refurbished, Google warrants that the Google Product (including any ancillary parts that may be packaged with it) will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use in accordance with Google's published user documentation for ninety days from the original date of retail purchase by you (these warranties are collectively referred to as our “Limited Warranty”).
What will Google do? (THIS IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY) If a defect covered by this Limited Warranty arises and you return your Google Product during the Limited Warranty period (which is one year for new products and ninety days for refurbished products), Google will in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law repair your Google Product using new or refurbished parts, replace your Google Product with a new or refurbished Google Product functionally at least equivalent to yours, or accept the return of your Google Product in exchange for a refund of the purchase price you paid for your Google Product. If Google repairs or replaces your Google Product, the repaired or replaced Google Product will continue to be warranted for the remaining time of the original warranty period. All returned parts for which you have received a replacement will become the property of Google. Repair or replacement may result in loss of data. Nothing in this Limited Warranty will reduce or otherwise affect your statutory rights in relation to your Google Product.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY WRITTEN ABOVE IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY GOOGLE PROVIDES FOR YOUR GOOGLE PRODUCT, AND THE ABOVE REMEDY IS YOUR SOLE REMEDY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GOOGLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, ARISING FROM COURSE OF CONDUCT OR OTHERWISE, REGARDING YOUR GOOGLE PRODUCT, EXCEPT THAT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY ABOVE (EITHER ONE YEAR OR NINETY DAYS, DEPENDING ON WHETHER YOUR GOOGLE PRODUCT IS NEW OR REFURBISHED).
Some states, provinces or territories do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
What does this warranty not cover? This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in locations where the Google Product is sold and will apply only if you purchased your Google Product from Google or its authorized resellers. This Limited Warranty only applies to hardware components (and not any software elements) of Google Product, and this Limited Warranty does not apply to damage caused by: (1) normal wear and tear; (2) accidents; (3) misuse (including failure to follow product documentation); (4) neglect; (5) disassembly; (6) alterations; (7) servicing other than by Google-authorized technicians; and (8) external causes such as, but not limited to: water damage, exposure to sharp objects, exposure to excessive force, anomalies in the electrical current supplied to the product, and extreme thermal or environmental conditions. This Limited Warranty does not guarantee that use of the Google Product will be uninterrupted or error-free.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GOOGLE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY, “GOOGLE PARTIES”) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OR FAILURE OF ANY WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR GOOGLE PRODUCT OR THESE TERMS, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER OR NOT A GOOGLE PARTY OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE GOOGLE PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR GOOGLE PRODUCT OR THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID GOOGLE FOR YOUR GOOGLE PRODUCT.
Some states, provinces or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
How do you make a claim? To make a claim under the Limited Warranty, please contact Google Product Support at g.co/store/support. You must provide your name, contact information and the serial number of your Google Product to receive support. You may also be required to provide a purchase receipt.
Other limitations: No vendor, seller, authorized reseller, employee or representative of Google or its affiliates or any third party is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the remaining terms of this Limited Warranty will remain in full force and effect.
How state, province, territory, and other laws apply to you: This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
This Limited Warranty is given by Google LLC, organized in the state of Delaware, whose principal place of business is at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, 94043, United States.
G953-00932-01 REV B