Using the Tilt Brush palette
On your Tilt Brush palette, you’ll see a number of different options and features. Learn more about them below.
You can choose a number of different virtual environments to paint in. For example, you can paint in Studio, Night Sky, Space or on a Dress Form. The lighting in the environment will affect the color of the brush stroke, but switching environments will not affect your existing brush strokes.
To select a brush:
- Position your controller on the the brush stroke you want.
- Press the trigger to confirm the brush stroke.
- Your brush type, color and size will be copied.
- To disable the brush picker, select the icon again.
You can use the eraser tool to erase entire brush strokes. To select the tool:
- Point your painting controller towards the palette and select the eraser .
- Position the tool anywhere on the brush stroke and press the trigger to erase.
- To disable the eraser, select the icon again.
Note: To erase your last brush stroke quickly, you can also use Undo. To use Undo, press the left side of the palette controller’s disk. You can also use Undo if you accidentally erase a brush stroke.
To virtually hop to a different spot in your environment, use Teleport.
- Point your painting controller towards the palette and select Teleport.
- On your painting hand, press the thumbpad or trigger to move around the x and y axis.
- You will see footprints on the ground, which represent your landing spot.
- To disable Teleport, select the icon again.
Note: The distance which you can teleport varies in each environment.
Undo & Redo
To Undo your last brush stroke or action, you can select Undo. To select Undo on your palette:
- Point your tool towards the palette and select Undo .
- You can select Undo once to erase your last brush stroke, or multiple times to Undo multiple brush strokes.
Note: There is an Undo shortcut on the left side of the palette controller’s disk. Press down to Undo.
To Redo an erased or undone action, you can select Redo. To select Redo on your palette:
- Point your tool towards the palette and select Redo .
- You can select Redo once to restore your last brush stroke, or multiple times to restore multiple brush strokes.
Note: There is a Redo shortcut on the right side of the palette controller’s disk. Press down to Redo.
Use the mirror mode tool to paint symmetrically. To use the tool:
- Point your painting controller towards the palette and select Mirror Mode.
- To grab and move the mirror, use the Grip button on the sides of your controllers.
- To adjust the mirror back to default, grab and move the mirror onto the snapback widget.
- To spin the mirror, grab the mirror using the Grip button on the right side of your painting controller. Throw the mirror to spin it in an infinite loop. You can then paint within this loop.
Use the straight edge tool to paint in straight lines between two points.
Use Cameras to save your creation in various formats.
- Point your painting controller towards the palette and select Cameras.
- On your painting controller, swipe the thumbpad right or left to access the Camera options.
- After selecting your option, your image file will save to the Documents folder on your computer.
- You can then share photos, videos, and GIFs or your artwork online.
Note: Using Cameras will not save the sketch file to gallery.