Painting with Tilt Brush
Skip the opening tutorial
To skip the intro, hold down the triggers on both of your controllers after the tutorial begins.
Paint with Tilt Brush
- On your painting controller, use your index finger to pull the trigger.
- Hold the trigger down and move the controller to paint.
Note: You can switch which hand is your painting controller and which is your palette controller by tapping the bottoms of the two controllers together. This is great to use if a right and left handed person are sharing controllers.
Activate your paint palette
- On your palette controller, use your thumb to swipe left or right across the thumbpad.
- This will activate the palette.
- Using your painting controller, angle your controller towards the palette in order to select items on the palette.
- Focus the pointer and press trigger to make selections.
Change the width of your brush strokes
To change the width of your brush strokes:
- On your painting controller, slide your thumb left or right along the thumbpad.
- Sliding left will make the brush stroke finer. Sliding right will make the brush stroke larger.
Undo & Redo shortcutsIf you would like to quickly undo or redo brush strokes you have just made, you can use Undo and Redo in the Tools Panel or these shortcuts:
- To undo an action: On the palette controller, click the left side of the touchpad.
- To redo an action: On the palette controller, click the right side of the touchpad.
Rotate & Resize your sketch
To scale, rotate, or move your sketch, you can hold down both of the grip buttons on the sides of your controllers to grab the sketch. Then, move your hands to pinch, spread, or twist the sketch.