Get started with Tilt Brush
Paint in 3D with Tilt Brush, an app that runs on the HTC Vive virtual reality system. You can use different brushes, effects, and tools to paint your virtual creations. To learn more about Tilt Brush, go to tiltbrush.com.
How to get Tilt Brush
To paint in 3D with Tilt Brush, you’ll need to have an HTC Vive. Then, follow the steps below.
- Set up your HTC Vive. Tilt Brush only runs on the HTC Vive right now.
- If you haven't already, install Steam.
- Download the Tilt Brush app.
- To open Tilt Brush, open the Steam Library > select Games > Tilt Brush.
The system requirements for running Tilt Brush are the same system requirements for the HTC Vive.
For a quick tutorial
On your palette, go to Tools > More > Tips ‘N Tricks.
- This will run you through an overview of your Tilt Brush controllers and where the various buttons are.
View Showcase sketches
When you’re first getting started with Tilt Brush, you may want to check out some of our Showcase sketches. These are some of best artists’ creations in Tilt Brush from around the world. The Showcase is regularly updated by our team, so check back often to see new works of art.
Note: When you make changes to a showcase sketch, those changes will not affect the original sketch. After you make changes to a showcase sketch, you can save your changes to the Tilt Brush Gallery.
For Advanced Features
For additional technical information or advanced features, check out the Tilt Brush team's Release Notes.