Configuring Kopete for Google Talk
Once you download Kopete, you'll need to configure your client to connect to Google Talk. Here's how:
- From the main Kopete window, click Settings > Configure....
- Select Accounts from the left nav bar and click New....
- From the list of available services, select Jabber and click Next.
- Click the Basic Setup tab and enter the following information:
- Jabber ID:
- If you're signing in with a Gmail or Google Mail username, enter your full email address.
- If your Google Talk username isn't associated with any Google email product, add @gmail.com to the end of your username. For example, iloveyoko will become email@example.com.
- If you're a Google Apps user, enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Remember password: Check this box if you'd like Kopete to remember your password.
- Password: If you chose to Remember password, enter your Google Talk password.
- Exclude from connect all: Check this box if you'd like to exclude this connection when Kopete connects to all configured services.
- Check the Use protocol encryption (SSL), Allow plain-text password authentication, and Override default server information boxes.
talk.google.comin the Server field.
5223as the Port value.
Have questions about Kopete? Learn from the experts! Check out Kopete's FAQs. The Google Talk Team can only assist you in configuring your client to work with Google Talk.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. All other marks are trademarks of their respective owners.