Music status isn't showing when I use Windows Media Player
If Windows Media Player or your Windows desktop crashes, Windows Media Player will disable all plug-ins, including the music-status plug-in for Google Talk. To re-enable the Google Talk plug-in, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Media Player.
- From the View menu, select Plug-ins > Options...
- From the Category section of the Plug-ins tab, select Background.
- Select the Google Talk Music Plugin checkbox.
- Click OK.
You'll need to close and restart Windows Media Player for the change to take effect.
A note for Vista users: If you can't find the Google Talk Music plug-in in the Plug-ins tab of your Windows Media Player settings, try these steps:
- Uninstall Google Talk.
- Visit http://www.google.com/talk/
- Click Download Google Talk client near the bottom of the page.
- Save the installation file to your desktop.
- Right-click the installation file (googletalk-setup.exe) on your desktop and select Run as administrator.
- Follow the instructions to install Talk.