How do I invite someone to chat?
- For contacts already in your Friends list:
- Scroll over your friend's name and click invite.
- Verify your friend's email address in the dialogue box that appears and click Next.
- Choose to send a standard invitation to your friend or customise the message by entering text in the text field.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish in the dialogue box that appears confirming that your friend was invited.
- For contacts not in your Friends list:
- Click +Add at the bottom of your Friends list.
- Enter the email address of the friend you would like to add.
- If you would like to add more than one friend at a time, just make sure to separate their email addresses with commas.
- If the friends you would like to invite are listed in your Google Mail Contacts list, click Choose from my contacts... after clicking +Add.
- Click Next >> after you have entered all the friends you would like to invite.
- A dialogue box will appear to confirm that your friends were invited to Google Talk. Click Finish.
Remember, to talk with your friends, they need to have Google Mail addresses or use an IM client on an interoperable communications network.
Each time you add new contacts in Google Talk, they are also added to your Google Mail Contacts list and vice versa. Keep in mind that removing or blocking someone from your Google Talk Friends list does not affect your Google Mail Contacts list.