Configuring Adium for Google Talk
(Note: If you're connecting to Google Talk as part of Google Apps, you'll need to configure Adium a little differently. Learn more.)
- Open Adium.
- From the Adium menu, select Preferences...
- Click Accounts, and select Google Talk.
- Enter the following information:
- If you're signing in with a Gmail or Google Mail username, enter your full email address.
- If your Google Talk username isn't associated with any Google email product, add @gmail.com to the end of your username. For example, iloveyoko will become firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password: Your password.
Congratulations! You are now ready to connect to Google Talk using Adium.
Have questions about Adium? Learn from the experts! Check out Adium's FAQs. The Google Talk Team can only assist you in configuring your client to work with Google Talk.
Google is a trademark of Google Inc. All other marks are trademarks of their respective owners.