Google Optimize allows you to test variants of web pages and see how they perform against an objective that you specify. It monitors the performance of your experiment, and tells you which variant is best.
Before you begin this configuration in Tag Manager, ensure that your web page code is ready to handle Google Optimize tags:
<head>of the page as possible. Learn more.
- Install the Optimize anti-flicker snippet on pages where Optimize will be deployed.
- Ensure that any
dataLayerdeclarations appear before the Optimize page-hiding snippet and Tag Manager container snippet. Learn more.
- Sign in to Tag Manager and select an account.
- Click Tags > New.
- Click Tag Configuration > Google Optimize.
- Enter your Optimize container ID.
- Select a Google Analytics Settings variable.
- Click Save and save the tag without triggers.
- Open the Analytics page view tag for the Analytics property linked to your Optimize container.
- Click Tag Configuration > Advanced Settings > Tag Sequencing.
- Check the box to fire a tag before this tag fires. Under the Setup Tag heading, click the menu and select the desired Optimize tag.
- Configure the Optimize tag to fire once per page, then save it.
- Publish your Tag Manager container for the changes to take effect.